In 2015 we celebrated the 125th anniversary of the present church building being present on its current site. However, the parish of West End was originally formed in 1834 out of the much older Parish of South Stoneham.
West End was so called either because it was the west end of the tithing of Shamblehurst or because it was the end of the waste, or common, of Netley.
The Church here began as a Chapelry to South Stoneham and the first incumbent (1843-
The first church building was very plain and soon became too small for the growing parish. In addition it was struck by lightning in 1875 making it necessary to pull down most of the spire.